About the Research
The perimeter walls of this sectional steel tank were leaking and in need of refurbishment.
Lining Services quoted to:
1. Remove vegetation away from wall surfaces.
2. Provide fixed scaffold with weather cover.
3. Grit blast internal perimeter wall surfaces.
4. Apply fibreglass lining.
- Project Title Fibreglass Lining to internal wall surfaces
- Category Sectional Steel Separator Tank
- Location Isle Of Grain
We had to carry out the work in 4 stages as each wall was 30 metres long. One length of wall was scaffolded, then grit blasted and lined. Once completed, the scaffolding was moved round to the next wall and so on.
We finished the fibreglass onto the concrete base of the tank and had to cut a termination groove to ‘lock’ the lining into.
The fibreglass was secured over the external flange at the top of the wall and all bolts/brackets are completely encapsulated and sealed.
A 10 year guarantee was given, and these photographs show the completed work.